An inviting main course: Mashed Potato Pie with roasted peppers
There are there some food combinations that never lets you down.
A sort of Romeo and Juliet of the kitchen that no one can separate: cheese
with honey, broad beans puree with chicory, mozzarella with tomato … and
potatoes with peppers.
Today, we propose a really tasty dish: Soavegel Mashed Potato Pie (“Tortino
di patate”) with roasted peppers!
The Tortino di Patate Soavegel is a tasty Mashed Potato Pie with mozzarella
cheese and ham cubes, covered with a crisp and golden gratin.
Ingredients for 4 people:
• 2 packages of Soavegel Tortino di Patate (tot. 500g)
• 6 yellow and red peppers
• parsley and chives
• 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
• 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 250°.
2. Place the peppers already washed in the oven in “grill” mode for about
half an hour, until they are well toasted.
3. Bring out the peppers and place the Tortino di Patate Soavegel for 25
4. Then toast the almonds in a pan and chop coarsely.
5. Peel the peppers and remove the seeds. Cut it with your hands into
6. Crush the garlic and add the peppers, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, then
add the almonds.
7. Take out the cake from the oven and serve it hot with peppers on a side.